in Mommy and Daddy's closet! I came out to find these "disguises" after my shower!

My cowgirl in pearls playing a computer game!

And reading a book with her shades on!

We got to have Darien and Monica stay with us again this past week. They were eager to learn to sew, and I still hadn't taken my birthday sewing machine out of the box yet (from April!) They took it out and set it all up, and learned more about that sewing maching in one day than I probably ever will!! We took a trip to the fabric store, and each of the 5 girls got to pick out the fleece fabric that they wanted for their blanket. Clara's was a cheetah print to match her current favorite stuffed animal, Hannah picked Princesses, Eliza chose Elmo, Darien got a cool zebra print, and Monica's choice was peace signs! By the second day, they could monogram and had tried out every stitch pattern possible. They were making skirts for Clara and Hannah's animals and even sewed a coin pouch!

Once I got the machine threaded, Darien took off with the sewing!

Monica's finished blanket...

Clara worked on this "boat" from the sewing machine packaging while the older girls were sewing. It has taken many trips across our ocean floor with various animals as passengers!

Darien gave Clara a few sewing lessons too!
We love having Darien and Monica here to play with, and I'm missing their help already!!!
3 comments:
Your girls have so much creativity! It never ceases to amaze me!
Love the boat - it made me laugh out loud. And the first pictures's outfits - the funniest things is that they called them 'disguises' - like you'd be very inconspicuous going down the street like that!
Love your girls!!!
I got a sewing machine for my birthday (early present in May), and I took it out two weeks ago and made a bobbin, but that's as far as I've gone. If you're going to start sewing again, then put me on the list for a new blanket. My 15 year old blanket is completely falling a part... Ford thinks it's a joke, but I still sleep with it every night and dream of living next door to you :)
Hooray for sewing!!! Wonderful that you are exposing them early. My grandmother and mother always were sewing and only until now have I brightened my own interest. You can't pull me away! Bring your machine over and we'll have a sewing party!!! :)
Post a Comment