I have had a pretty strict "no pet" policy in our house. It's not that I don't like animals, but something about 4 kids, age 5 and under sounded busy enough, without adding anything else to take care of! The girls absolutely adore animals and LOVE playing with friend's, family's and total stranger's pets! They've done a nice job of creatively finding their own pets around the house, also. We have "Mr. Squirrel", who lives outside in our backyard, they had pet worms (the paper towel rolled up and spit on kind!) that lived in a nice little bowl, and recently we had plastic frogs living in a water "aquarium" container on the kitchen counter. I've been very accepting of any pet that I don't have to clean up after! I thought this rule was pretty much set-in-stone until I came home from work on Monday afternoon to 3 ecstatic little girls, who couldn't wait for me to meet....RONALD!!!
I'm not a big fan of Ronald, but I do love watching my kids enjoy their first pet.....and I am incredibly thankful that Daddy didn't let them bring home a puppy!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment