CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 31, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday, Clara!

Our sweet Girl-
I can't believe that you are already turning 6 years old! We brought you home from the hospital, and adored you more than we ever thought possible! I've never been much of a reader, and rarely finish a book that I start, so we brought you home, not really knowing much at all about taking care of a baby. We knew that you needed to eat and to sleep, but when those things were "supposed" to happen was something we figured out as you grew. You were completely parented from our hearts! I held you constantly, and passed you off to someone else's arms if I had to have my arms free. You LOVED being held and took many, many naps on Daddy's chest. You were our most difficult baby, so fussy in the evenings and screaming in your carseat. I would pull the car over when I just couldn't hear you scream any longer, take you out of the carseat, and you would immediately calm down and snuggle in! You just loved to be held! You grew into such a talkative, curious toddler, and you haven't stopped talking since! You have so many interesting stories to tell us and so many questions about everything. You remember everything that you hear, and you are often teaching us about things you've picked up from watching shows. You love to watch tv and movies :) As soon as you are done watching a show, though, you immediately "become" a person or animal from what you just watched and get lost in your pretend play. You are such a fun, creative big sister, always coming up with pretend games for your sisters. You adore your baby brother and can entertain him by holding him and playing with him, keeping him happy. You have always had an incredible heart for your family and your friends. You share easily and let others go first (which is often with your two little sisters!). When your birthday sundae came to the table this year at Red Robin, you first gave each of your sisters a bite before you even tried it yourself! You are so generous, always running to your bank to get money if you hear of anyone in need. We lovingly call you our "pokey puppy" because you are so easily distracted and side-tracked that you are almost always the last one ready to go out the door! You get so excited about all the little things in life, and we love your enthusiasm and happy spirit! I got to keep you home this year for kindergarten, and enjoyed spending time with you learning. I'm so proud of how hard you worked and you've made so much progress with your reading, writing and math. Your favorite subject is definitely art, though, and you spent many math lessons trying to color all the pictures! When you read to me, you stop MANY times to ask questions about the story or name the characters who don't have names, or make up different endings, or tell me why you don't like what the story says! You are full of creativity! You've recently lost 4 teeth, pierced your ears and learned to ride a bike.....so many ways that you are growing up! We are so blessed to have you as an example to your sisters and brother and pray that your love for Jesus continues to shine through in your love for others! Happy Birthday, sweet Bella!!!
Love, Mommy

2 comments:

Oh Joy said...

LOVE this post! You are so good at writing about each of your children and completely capturing who they are with your words! I was lucky enough to be two of those arms Clara got passed off to as a baby - and it is a cherished memory for me!
Happy Birthday, Clara!!

Cheryl Gilbert said...

Wow, Jennifer, what a beautiful, wonderful post! I love how you wrote this to Clara instead of just about her...something she will certainly treasure!