CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

February 27, 2009

Viruses...


Our computer was first to come down with a virus.....one bad enough that we finally decided to retire it after 13 years, and purchase a new one! We were without a computer for 2 weeks, and were amazed at how much we've come to rely on it. Joe has been enjoying finding all the cool upgrades with our new system, and I am trying not to get too frustrated with all the changes. It took me long enough to learn the old system!

Clara and Hannah came down with a flu virus last Friday, and Eliza joined them by catching it yesterday. In the past 6 days, we have had 5 visits to the pediatrician, a chest x-ray at Overlake, and a midnight visit over to Children's Hospital. Clara is now on antibiotics for double ear and eye infections, Hannah is on antibiotics for pneumonia, and Eliza is on our 24 hour watch until she can get over this awful virus:( One night this week, Joe was lying next to Clara in her bed, and I was on the other side of the room in Hannah's bed. Joe asked me if Clara could have some more Motrin for her fever yet, and I responded "No, Hannah was one and Clara is four". Hannah looked up at me and said, "No, Mama, I'm two". :) Up until this illness, things were going pretty well with the 3 of them. I felt like we were back into a routine, getting out of the house frequently, and enjoying our new family of 5. We have now learned that life with 3 kiddos gets difficult pretty quickly when they all get sick. It's amazing how much more we appreciate and cherish their laughter and smiles when they start to feel better. We knew they were better when Clara was once again dancing around the house in her prettiest dresses and Hannah was calling "Daddy, come get me!" and taking off down the hallway in a run!
Clara has been picking out Hannah's outfits for her lately, and today she decided to also "style" Hannah's hair....I'm not sure that beauty school will be in Clara's future....she is more likely to end up on "What Not to Wear" :)

0 comments: