More than once this week, I realized that the house was too quiet. Thursday was a beautiful, sunny day. Joe came home for lunch and started the sprinkler in the backyard to water some new grass seed he had planted. As he left to go back to work, I was in the kitchen doing some dishes. I glanced out the window into the backyard, and saw two fully-clothed little girls having the best time running through the sprinkler! I guess it only takes about 60* and sunshine to convince these Northwestern kiddos that it's summer!

Here they are with their wet curls:)

Friday afternoon, I was sitting on the couch giving Eliza her bottle, when once again, the house was a little bit
too quiet... I opened the door to the bathroom, and found the girls with their bodies painted with my foundation make-up (left over from our wedding when my skin was much darker from a tan!) and ice skating around on the floor where they had poured out the rest of what wasn't decorating their bodies. I picked them both up and placed them in the bathtub, where they proceeded to decorate the tub with hand and foot prints while I washed the floor. We had a nice brown ring around the tub, along with the washing machine after washing the clean-up towels. I'm just waiting for the phone calls from our neighbors, as they have also decided this week that going potty in the backyard is fun and can be found squatting in the grass at any given time. Joe re-installed the bar on the sliding door tonight, so our little "puppies" will now have to relearn how to use the toilet! They are at such fun ages right now, but with all new challenges:)

Eliza trying out her Bumbo seat

Getting in on the action with her sisters.
1 comments:
Those girls are too funny! Quiet always equals trouble in our house, too! I 'll be sure to watch my step in your backyard. Hee-hee!=)
Post a Comment