CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 25, 2009

Just another day in paradise....

That is the chorus of a great country song that I sometimes feel describes our life all too well! It talks about all the little things that go wrong or fall apart during the day, but in the end "I still wouldn't trade it for anything, and I ask the Lord, every night, for just another day in paradise"! I was reminded of that song yesterday, as it seemed I was always one step behind these three kiddos, not able to make any progress with my cleaning, or cooking, or teaching, but instead just treading water to keep up!
I sat Eliza in her high chair while I was unloading the dishwasher, and she discovered the towel drawer! She was loving being able to take the towels out one-by-one, chew on them and then toss them over the side of her chair onto the floor.
Until she grabbed the front of the door and tried to play with it by opening and closing it.....of course, smashing her fingers in the process :( Such a painful lesson they all have to learn :(

But then, moments later she was right back at it, this time using the handle!
I decided to go ahead and give her some food while she was sitting there, and she discovered using her spoon!
She also liked to just dip one finger into the applesauce and lick it off...

I was enjoying this time with her, even thinking, "wow, I don't usually take the time to sit with Eliza and help her learn anything. This is so amazing to watch her learn how to use her spoon"
And when Hannah walked into the kitchen COVERED IN SUGAR, I was quickly reminded just why I never take the time to sit with Eliza and watch her learn......too quiet by the other kids is always a bad sign!
Somehow Hannah had snuck the sugar bag off the counter and took it out to the couch to enjoy her afternoon snack!
I got the vaccuum to clean up the sugar, forgetting that I had left Eliza back in the high chair with a container of applesauce......and came back to THIS MESSY (although, adorable!) face!!!
Off to the bathtub!
Maybe just keeping up is should be my goal, and not really trying to get ahead of them:)

0 comments: