CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

December 23, 2010

Clara lost her first tooth!

I took these pictures minutes after she lost her first tooth, and I think the smile speaks for itself! I had no idea how exciting this would be.....for the whole family! The day before, when Clara first discovered the very loose bottom tooth, was a mix of trauma and drama!! She was upset by the thought that she might swallow the tooth accidentally and it was a bit sore too. She carried around a little cup to spit her saliva into (for hours!) because she didn't want to swallow. We had to cut her food into small pieces and she continuously reminded us how loose her tooth was ;) Thankfully, it came out the next day. I overheard Clara telling Hannah that she thought she would go pull out her tooth, and didn't really think it would happen. The girls walked off, and a few minutes later came back running and shouting, Clara with a huge smile and blood dripping down her chin, and Hannah proudly holding a tiny tooth in the palm of her hand! Apparently, Clara had pulled on her tooth while looking in the mirror, and then it dropped onto the floor. Hannah, I'm sure quickly snatched the tooth from the floor, to be the first to show it to me! They were so proud of what they had accomplished together!!
Clara keeps smiling at herself in the mirror and giving us big smiles to remind us of the big event! She is having fun poking a straw through the hole to drink and squirting water out of her mouth and trying to whistle through the tiny hole :)

0 comments: