CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 22, 2011

Eliza Jo

"Hey, I want you to put some music on this I Pod!"

We have been working on developing a more loving relationship between Eliza and her little brother.  When she decides that she wants to play with him, she does such a nice job of bringing him toys and singing to him.  There are many times, though, when she is grabbing things away from him or telling him he isn't old enough to do things (in a not-very-nice voice!)  I was telling her this morning that he isn't going to be a baby very much longer and that she needs to love him as a cute little baby because we won't have any more babies when he gets older.  For me, this is such a sad idea, that I won't ever have a sweet baby around to hold......Eliza's response, "Good! Then you can do things with me and sleep with me in my bed at night!"  Hmmmm....some insight into her perspective....she always wants me to sleep in her bed at night, and I tell her that I can't because I still have to feed Isaiah when he wakes up.  I think maybe in some ways, the things I say make her feel more resentment towards him.  I am seeing her enjoy him more and more, so I'm sure with time, she will see him as a friend and not just the baby that took Mommy's attention away :( And, in the meantime, maybe I will sleep in her bed one night!



0 comments: