Today was a great day. There were the usual fights over toys and tired whining, but overall it was packed with joy in playing, learning, and helping. It was one of those days that you wish you could re-create every day because things just seemed to go "right". We were supposed to be having some friends over in the afternoon, but they had to cancel, so we ended up with an entire day with no agenda and someone napping from about 10-4:45, as Isaiah and Eliza took turns today, so we couldn't really leave the house. We had a fun day with homeschooling, and I found a game that all 3 girls could play together to work on letters and sounds. Clara had to find the lowercase letter, Hannah the capital letter, and Eliza the correct picture that made the sound. I had a timer to time them each round, so that they could try to break their record!
This was the victory dance that they would do after a good round!
They are all in their underwear because they were playing "dogs" most of the morning!
I've started having them clean up their toys before they get to earn computer or TV time during the day (I know, I should have started this a LONG time ago!!!)....but it's working really well, and the house is staying picked up for the most part! Eliza is at an age where she is so eager to help me with everything, so she went around with me today and sprayed the entire wood floor area with the cleaner, while I scrubbed. The floor was really needing to be cleaned, but we are also getting ready for Isaiah to be crawling everywhere as he seems closer every day! He pulled himself in a kind of commando crawl half way across the play room to get the timer this afternoon!
I moved the chairs off the wood floor while we were cleaning, and they were immediately rearranged into this fort by Hannah. I love how a few chairs can create a game that keeps them occupied for an hour!
Joe came home at lunch, and I was able to escape on a quick run. He got his turn right when he got home from work in the evening, and he went running while I got dinner dished up on the table. Dinner was an amazing crock pot roast and potatoes-I LOVE crock pot dinners!!! Isaiah got his first taste of meat, and devoured his meat and potato mix. I just used the hand blender and mixed it all together. I don't know why I didn't do this more often with the girls when they were babies-it was so easy!! He drank some water from a cup, too! He is just growing up so fast. I took some pictures of him covered in his food at dinner, and they were all pretty cute, so there's a bunch of them! I didn't realize that he totally matches his little seat until I uploaded them :)
They all four took a bath after dinner, and had such a fun time all squished in the tub together. I guess Isaiah has been taking showers with me lately, because I don't remember him sitting in the tub and playing without being held. He had the best time and splashed like crazy, soaking me and half the bathroom!! He screamed when I took him out, but he was getting so much water in his own face from splashing, that his eyes were getting red.
All six of us sat on Mommy and Daddy's bed to read bedtime stories and then the girls requested their favorite song from Sound of Music and everyone sang along when they were tucked into their beds. It was just a wonderful day of enjoying the moments (and weathering the storms). I wanted a day of pictures to remember this crazy, wonderful time with 4 little ones at home :)
1 comments:
I don't know why, but this post made me all teary eyed. Your kiddos are so lucky to have you as a mom. It's so hard to remember to stop and just enjoy those moments at home. It sounds like a wonderful day!
Post a Comment