What a week we have had! All four kids caught a virus some time last week, and it's proven to be quite a bad cold. Eliza seems to be our toughest kiddo, one dose of Motrin and she was on the mend with just a slight cough. Clara is on an antibiotic now for a sinus infection and is still coughing. Isaiah started having a lot of trouble with his breathing, being so stuffy, and we took him to the pediatrician on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. On Tuesday, he was really struggling and having trouble keeping his oxygen sats above 90, so our doctor called an ambulance from her office, and Isaiah and I got chauffeured across the water to Children's hospital emergency room. It's too bad he is too young to remember the firemen, firetruck and ambulance-I'm sure a couple years from now, he would think that was pretty cool! They admitted us because he needed oxygen and deep suctioning, but he bounced back so quickly, and we were able to leave the next night. He's doing much better now! Wednesday was somewhat of a vacation for me, as I sat in a rocking chair holding a sleeping baby and reading a book. I also got Starbucks for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as it was the closest place down the hall to grab food! Joe spent the day at home with the 3 sick girls, so he was a bit busier! We were back at the pediatrician again yesterday for a follow-up for Isaiah (our 4th visit this week!) and I had her listen to Hannah's lungs because she had started coughing a bit and tends to have trouble with bad colds. She sounded fine at 2pm, but by 5:30 was coughing constantly and continued until 9:30 when Joe took her to Children's urgent care. They came home 3 hours later after waiting forever and getting a dose of steroids. I'm ready for summer!
Here is an at-home sick day...



0 comments:
Post a Comment